Dr Aiedah Binti Abdul Khalek
Ph.D (University of Malaya)
Master of Shariah (Politics), University of Malaya.
Bachelor of Islamic Revealed Knowledge and Heritage, International Islamic University Malaysia (Major in Islamic Jurisprudence, minor in Political Science).
Aiedah is a lecturer for General Studies and Malaysian National Subjects at the School of Arts and Social Sciences, Monash University Malaysia. Previously, she was a Stream Coordinator and lecturer in School of Liberal Arts and Sciences at Taylor’s University. She is actively involved in research, publication and has presented her research paper in many countries, namely Russia, Egypt, Turkey, Malaysia and Indonesia.
- Halal Consumption and Governance
- Project Based Learning
- Blended learning and e-learning
- Action Research
- Aiedah Abdul Khalek (2015), Syarifah Hayaati Syed Ismail and Hairunnisa Mohamad Ibrahim Sharifah (2015), A Study On The Factors Influencing Young Muslims’ Behavioral Intention In Consuming Halal Food In Malaysia, Jurnal Syariah, Vol 23, No 1, 53-74.
- Aiedah Abdul Khalek and Sharifah Hayaati Syed Ismail (2015), Why are We Eating Halal? Using the Theory of Planned Behavior in Predicting Halal Food Consumption among Generation Y in Malaysia, International Journal of Social Science and Humanity (ISSN2010-3646), Vol. 5 No 7, 608-614.
- Aiedah Abdul Khalek (2014), Young Consumers’ Attitude towards Halal Food Outlets and JAKIM’s Halal Certification in Malaysia. Procedia Social and Behavioral Science, Science Direct, Volume 121, 19 March 2014, Pages 26–34.
- Aiedah Abdul Khalek (2012), Exploring the Use Project-Based Learning on Students’ Engagement at Taylors’ University, Malaysia. Jurnal BITARA UPSI, Vol 5/ 2012, ISSN 1394-7176, pp. 17-29.
- Aiedah Binti Abdul Khalek and Audrey Lee (2012), The Application Of Project-Based Learning In Enhancing Students’ Engagement In Malaysian Studies And English Language At Taylors’ College School Of Hospitality And Tourism, Malaysia. Journal of Interdisciplinary Research in Education (ISSN 1985-9414), Vol. 2 Issue 1 Aug 2012 .
- Aiedah Abdul Khalek and Sharifah Hayaati Syed Ismail, Why are We Eating Halal-Using the Theory of Planned Behavior in Predicting Halal Food Consumption among Generation Y in Malaysia, 5th International Conference of Islamic Marketing, University of Istanbul Turkey, 6-8 August 2015.
- Aiedah Abdul Khalek and Sharifah Hayaati Syed Ismail, Why are We Eating Halal-Using the Theory of Planned Behavior in Predicting Halal Food Consumption among Generation Y in Malaysia, 2nd International Conference on Sociality Culture and Humanities, Moscow Russia, June 22-23 2014.
- Aiedah Abdul Khalek, Government Initiatives for Halal Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurship Seminar, Academy of Islamic Studies, University of Malaya, 11th Sept 2014.
- Aiedah Abdul Khalek, Inayatul Mohd Mahyuddin, Audrey Lee Kim Choo, E-Learning Pilot Project: Challenges and Initiatives in the Implementation of E-Learning in the Malaysian Studies Module at Taylor’s University, Teaching and Learning Conference, Taylor’s University, 2014.
- Aiedah Abdul Khalek, Inayatul Kamilah and Hairunnisa Mohd Ibrahim, Exploring the Implementation of Project Based Learning Among Undergraduate Students in Taylors University. Proceedings of International Conference on Social Education and Community, UUM, Langkawi, Kedah, 11-13 November 2013.
- Aiedah Abdul Khalek, Young Consumers’ Attitude towards Halal Food Outlets and JAKIM’s Halal Certification in Malaysia. International Halal Conference, PWTC, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 11-12 Sept 2012.
- Aiedah Abdul Khalek, Syarifah Hayaati Syed Ismail and Hairunnisa Mohamad Ibrahim Sharifah, Factors Influencing Young Muslims’ Intention to Consume Halal Food, Proceeding of Global Islamic Marketing Conference, Cairo Egypt,17-18 December 2012.
- NurAinif Omar, Aiedah Abdul Khalek & Thamayanthee, Intercultural and Inter religion Issues of International Students in Private University, Proceeding of National Conference of Management of International Students, International Islamic University, Kuala Lumpur, Sept 2011.
- Aiedah Binti Abdul Khalek, Exploring the Use Of Project-Based Learning Among Students Learning History at Taylor’s College, Malaysia, Proceeding of International Conference on Lesson Study, Indonesia University of Education. Bandung, Indonesia. 1st August, 2009.
- Aiedah Binti Abdul Khalek and Phupinder Kaur, The Implementation Of Problems Based Learning In Language Classroom At Taylor’s College Of Hospitality And Tourism, Taylor’s College of Hospitality and Tourism Seminar, 2008.